Thursday, January 15, 2015

Safe In His Arms!

Thankful!
Grateful!
Appreciative!

Reminded in a BIG way of how gracious God is, how He protects and provides!  Today while driving west on I74 with my mom and baby Sekoe the low tire pressure light came on!  We get off at the next exit in Greensburg and head to WalMart.  The man starts to put air in the tires when I hear him say, "Here's the low one!"  I asked him if he thought it was just low because of the cold temperatures.  He said, "No, not at 10 pounds."  Looking all around the tire he finally says, "Here's the reason.  It has a SCREW in it!"  

I explained that I had a baby in the van and was on my way to Indianapolis to pick up his daddy and head to the airport.  He asked what time was the flight and I told him 4:45. He said I don't think we can make that!!!  He said there were customers in front of us and it was a first come, first serve.  Brave mom speaks up and says, "Couldn't you make an exception this one time?"  "No ma'am.  I really can't."  I whispered to myself, "Ok.  God, you've got this one!"  Next thing I know the man is returning to the vehicle and telling us that he has bumped us to the front of the line!

30 minutes later our tire was plugged, I'd paid them $10 and we were back on the interstate.  We were able to meet Sekoe at the airport, check bags and get our good bye hugs before they headed through security onto their gate.

I am so very, very THANKFUL!  I'm thankful that the tire did not blow out while we were driving.  I'm thankful that we didn't have a flat tire and get stranded on the interstate.  I'm thankful that Mom saw WalMart and suggested we go there.  I'm thankful that the man was willing to bump us to the front of the line.  I'm thankful it was just a screw and the man was able to plug it.  I'm thankful Robert was able to drive Sekoe to the airport and meet us there. I'm thankful God protected us from danger and provided a way to have the tire fixed.  I'm thankful for how God continually reminds me of His faithfulness and that HE will provide.  


Sunday we sang this song below in church.  


God is a good God, 

He is a great God, 

He can do anything but fail, 
He can move every mountain, 
Out of the way, 
God is a wonderful God.

Today (once again) I lived it.

As I close this blog post I have one more, "I'm thankful..."  I'm so very thankful that Shanae just texted, "They're with me safe!"  

Safe!!  Today's journey has been adventure-filled!  Sekoe was so glad to have Sekoe Jr. back safely in his arms.  It's not just an earthly father, but our Heavenly Father who longs to gather us up in His arms to remind us it is with Him we can be eternally safe!  

Joy is being able to REST in an Almighty God's arms and know you're SAFE.  There is truly joy in the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing more to say, you told the story and the tire got us home too. I kept thinking if we get this baby to the airport then we can deal with whatever we have to.

    ReplyDelete