Friday, January 2, 2015

Pajama Days

I remember as a teacher - and even as a student - special days at school when students could wear their pajamas to school.  These days could have been during Spirit Week or for a special reading day.  I loved those days whether as a teacher or a student.  Pajamas have changed a lot since I was in school dare I say more than 30 or even 40 years ago.  One thing that has not changed though is that pajamas are made to be comfortable.  I believe I could stay in my pajamas for a long time - even ALL DAY.  One of the greatest gifts of this season is time to rest, relax and stay home.  Those are the perfect days, in my humble opinion, to declare a Pajama Day!!  Now, I'm not going to tell you how many days during this vacation I've declared such.  But, I will say this I've been very, very comfortable many days of this vacation.  

Pajama Day for me isn't so much about being comfortable as it about the idea of a day to rest and relax.  I can spend as much time on whatever I choose.  Choosing well may be a challenge - but I get to choose.  

Finding joy along one's journey is another choice we all have.  Sometimes it's as simple as realizing the blessings that come from PAJAMA DAYS!




2 comments: